Vinyl siding is a great, low-maintenance option for your home’s exterior. But there can be times when it should be replaced to avoid further damage to your home’s wall envelope. The question is, when do you need a vinyl siding replacement for your Buffalo home?
Here are a few signs that it’s time for an update:
When Should You Replace Your Vinyl Siding?
- Loose or missing pieces of siding. When siding starts to fall off a home, it’s no longer doing its primary job of protecting your home’s wall envelope. As excessive moisture and pests get under the siding, you can end up with expensive repairs to the sheathing on the outside of your home.
- Damage. Whether it’s cracks and holes from a hail storm or damage caused by woodpeckers, termites, or similar pests, you may want to consider changing your siding out before further damage can occur or the pests take up residence in your home.
- Fading or other unsightly changes. If your vinyl siding has begun to fade, it could be a sign that some of the UV protectants are beginning to fail. If you’re having issues due to a poor installation causing sagging or warping, you’ll want to fix the problem and protect your home at the same time.
- More frequent maintenance. As your siding begins to fail, the maintenance cycle will speed up. If you miss performing maintenance in time, it can leave your home vulnerable to damage. Changing siding now can provide better protection in the long run while giving you more free time to enjoy.
- Delamination, cracks, or UV damage. When your siding approaches the end of its lifespan, you may notice that it begins to have more issues, such as becoming brittle from sun exposure and more prone to cracks and damage.
By understanding when you need a vinyl siding replacement for your Buffalo home, you can often avoid many expensive repairs that can happen when damaged siding is left unrepaired or unreplaced. If you’re thinking about replacing your home’s vinyl siding, the experienced professionals at AVA Roofing in Buffalo offer residential services and more. Please feel free to contact us today to get started.