There’s no doubt that skylights provide you with great benefits, from reduced electrical costs for lighting to improved ventilation. But should you get them installed before winter? In this case, it’s a definite yes.
Here are some reasons why you may want to think about seasonal skylight installation services for your Buffalo home before the cold weather sets in.
5 Reasons to Get Skylights Installed Before Winter
- Add more natural lighting. When your home has dark corners that are difficult to see in, why not add a skylight to brighten it up? In many cases, tubular skylights can bring lighting in through reflective inner surfaces to light up dark interiors, giving your home a lot more life and light than it has currently.
- Reduce energy costs. If you don’t have to use as many electric lights, you’ll reduce your overall energy costs. However, the benefits go beyond wintertime into summer, where a venting skylight allows hot air to leave your home through the roof while drawing cool air up from beneath, reducing your cooling costs as well.
- Improve resale value. Skylights make your home more appealing and inviting to potential buyers, which is just one of the reasons why they’re so popular. Even if you’re not thinking about selling your home at the moment, you may need to down the road, so improvements that boost value are a great investment!
- Better sleep. Because skylights allow more natural light to enter your home, they help combat blue light exposure that can cause issues with sleep. As natural light enters your bedrooms, it becomes much easier to get in tune with your natural circadian rhythm, which leads to much better sleep overall.
- Improved mental health. Natural lighting not only reduces your dependance on electrical lighting systems, it also improves your mental health. The full-spectrum lighting that you get from your skylights makes it easier to avoid issues such as seasonal affective disorder, often referred to as the winter blues.
If you’re considering seasonal skylight installation services for your Buffalo home, why not chat with the helpful professionals at AVA Roofing? Reach out today with any questions or concerns, and we’ll help you find the right solution for your home’s needs.